Your privacy is very important to us. DeskDirector respects your confidentiality and any information you provide to us will never be sold, shared, or rented to other organizations for commercial purposes.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the DeskDirector Software-as-a-Service (“Service”) and any assigned account (“Account”) used in connection with the Service and includes, but is not limited to, any new features or tools which are added to the current Service, or any related content, services, or products provided by DeskDirector (“DeskDirector”).
In this Agreement, our customers and any of their staff members whom are given access to their DeskDirector Account are herein referred to as “Subscribers”, and our customers’ customers who use the Service (e.g. to login and manage Service Request) are referred to as “Customers”.
- We will never ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our product, protect our rights, or if DeskDirector is acquired by or merged with another company.
- You retain all rights to your subscriber data.
- We never store credit card data on our servers.
Information Collection and Usage
- Registration – When you sign up for DeskDirector, we ask you for information including your company name, address, billing address, e-mail address, and phone number. Our primary purpose in collecting this information is to provide you with a customized, efficient, and easy to use experience when using the service.
- Billing Information – DeskDirector never stores any credit card information on behalf of Subscribers or Customers. For billing purpose pertaining to the service, DeskDirector has partnered with fully PCI-compliant partners for processing and storing Subscriber credit cards.
- Inquiries – When you submit an inquiry through the Site, either by completing our contact form or completing a quote request, your contact information may be stored in our secure database.
- Profile – We may collect and store information obtained through cookies, log files, and/or third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) to create a profile of our users. The purpose of such a profile is to better understand how users access and use the Service to provide offers and make improvements.
- Data Storage – DeskDirector uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary server infrastructure, software, networking, storage, and related technology necessary to run the Service. Although DeskDirector owns the code, databases, and all rights to the DeskDirector application, you retain all rights to your Customer data.
Communications from the Site
- Special Offers and Updates – We may occasionally send you special offers or updates (e.g. newsletters) pertaining to the Service. Out of respect for privacy, you may opt out of these types of communications at any time.
- Service Announcements – We may occasionally send you notices of scheduled downtime or service upgrades. These communications will not be promotional in nature and are strictly for informational purpose.
- Customer Service – We communicate with users of the Service on a regular basis to respond to requests, inquire about experiences with Service, and provide support.
- Legal Disclaimer – DeskDirector may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as when required by law or when your actions violate our Terms of Service.
- Business transitions – In the event DeskDirector goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition with or by another company, your information will, in most cases, be transferred to the new company.
- Security – DeskDirector takes every precaution to protect Subscribers’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the Site, or through the Service, their information is protected via industry-standard SSL encryption. We also do everything in our power to protect user-information offline.
- Subscriber Data - For purposes of the GDPR compliance DeskDirector acts as a Data Controller for information collected from and about our subscribers.
- Customer Data - For purposes of the GDPR compliance DeskDirector acts as a Data processor for information collected from and about our customers of the services.
- A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from Site to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to maintain sessions on the Site (e.g. login status) and are required to use the Service.
- We do not use permanent cookies. Session information is always given an expiration date and time, which may mean you will be required to log in to your Account after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you and other Account data from unauthorized users.